ietf-nntp IHAVE response codes

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 8 02:54:54 PDT 2001

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:

> 8.1.1 and 9.2.X.1 *do* use my suggested format (except with the wrong
> line wrap indentation in the latter case). If we move all other commands
> to that format, this can be used to solve your problem at the same
> time. Doing it this was also means that the text doesn't have to be so
> careful about listing every possible response, because the "Responses"
> subsections would be definitive.

I like the structure of those two sections.  I agree with the proposal to
redo the other responses sections in that style.  Do you already have new
text for that available somewhere?

Stan, could you weigh in with an opinion here?  If Clive rewrote the other
into a new draft fairly soonish so that we have some time to pour over it
again and debug it?