ietf-nntp Re: reorganising the document

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Jan 11 02:02:55 PST 2001

Stan O. Barber said:
>> What does this mean ? And whatever it is, does "no sense" mean "people
>> objected" (and, if so, why ?) or just "no-one is bothered either way" ?
>
> When asked, people didn't think that doing significant document reorganization
> (such as the one you suggested) was warranted.

I see. Do you have any feeling why this was the case ? From my point of
view, it seems to be much easier to locate stuff, the ordering seems more
logical, and it only took about 10 minutes to do.

I'm surprised people think that LIST OVERVIEW.FMT is closer related to
ARTICLE than NEWNEWS is to either, but I can't travel 6000 miles just to
put that argument.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037