ietf-nntp xover tabs and newlines

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Wed Oct 29 15:38:30 PST 1997

> Amazingly enough Stan Barber said:
> >
> > > If I recall, the OVER specification in the 977bis document does not
> > > explicitly forbid newlines or tabs in the result set.
> >
> > That's correct. Did any of the original documentation from Geoff say
> > anything about this? I missed it, if it did.
>
> I believe newsoverviewfmt(5) stated that all newlines and tabs are removed
> from the fields.

Is newsoverviewfmt(5) from Geoff's original documentation? My original
question was about Geoff's original documentation. If Geoff didn't deal
with this one way or the other, then we can clarify his work in the document.
If it did, then we need to determine if Geoff's way is the cannonical way, or
if the specifications in newsoverviewfmt(5) should now be the cannonical way.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.