ietf-nntp BCP for RFC977 server/RFC1036 interaction

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Fri Mar 28 12:52:09 PST 1997

Chris Lewis said:
> 1) NNTP-Posting-Host: NNTP servers should place the FQDN or IP address of
>    the originating client host in a "NNTP-Posting-Host: <FQDN or IP>"
>    header.

Can I suggest "FQDN and IP address" ? We've seen at least one case of
(email) spam where the connecting machine managed to get a false FQDN into
the headers (that is, a name unrelated to that anyone else gets when they
look up the address that also appeared).

--
Clive D.W. Feather    | Director of Software Development
Tel: +44 181 371 1138 | Demon Internet Ltd.