ietf-nntp Should a survey be done?

Jack De Winter jack at wildbear.on.ca
Sat Feb 22 14:48:03 PST 1997

At 02:11 PM 2/22/97 CST, Stan Barber wrote:
>> >1. Should there be separate transport and reader standards?
>> >2. Should the X commands be renamed?
>>
>> I believe that both of these issues are irrelevant for documents which
>> are attempting to set down current practices.
>> 	- Brian
>

>I agree. Both of these are irrelevant to the current practices document. I
>also believe that we would be going outside the mission of the current
working
>group to attempt to superceed RFC977 with something that would create a
>protocol for transport and a protocol for reading.

Same here... now keeping those goals in mind for when we finish the work
as currently set out for the WG is a good idea.  I believe the expression
is 'lets try and get the thoughts down and the ink dry on the draft before
we publish 1000s of copies'.

I personally think that given our WG mandate, we are starting to get closer
to finishing the first goal, which is a good step to make.

regards,
Jack