ietf-nntp Should a survey be done?

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Sat Feb 22 12:11:19 PST 1997

> >1. Should there be separate transport and reader standards?
> >2. Should the X commands be renamed?
>
> I believe that both of these issues are irrelevant for documents which
> are attempting to set down current practices.
> 	- Brian

I agree. Both of these are irrelevant to the current practices document. I
also believe that we would be going outside the mission of the current working
group to attempt to superceed RFC977 with something that would create a
protocol for transport and a protocol for reading.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.