ietf-nntp re: batch, streaming, Adding extensions?

NetWin Support netwin at world.std.com
Mon Aug 12 17:20:47 PDT 1996

Hi,
     First I'll appologize in advance if any of this has been covered
previously, I've read most of the historical messages but I might
have missed something.

re: nntp v2 specification, I am mystified as to why the 'batch'
command has been added instead of the reasonably widely accepted
and easy to implement 'takethis/check' protocol.   Or are both going
to be implemented?

re: mechanism for adding extensions:
       Has this been defined anywhere, it is mentioned in several
places but I couldn't find a proposal for it.  I would suggest we
need to get this defined in a hurry, so that those who want / need
extensions urgently can start doing it the right way rather than just
adding them willy nilly.

We have at least three extensions that we will be releasing in the
next month and it would be nice to try and get them to match in with
the proposed standards.  I will discuss these in this group if this
is  the appropriate place, but I suspect it is not at this time.

           Chris Pugmire, NetWin Ltd (DNEWS Developer)

Customer Support
http://netwinsite.com