ietf-nntp re: batch, streaming, Adding extensions?

Jonathan Grobe grobe at netins.net
Mon Aug 12 18:05:06 PDT 1996

The only things which will be in the new standard are existing
technology found in RFC977 and in Stan Barber's Common NNTP Extensions
plus the new extensions mechanism.

nntp v2 will not be used.

Stan Barber is supposed to have a draft of the new standard ready
sometime this month (Stan, when will it be ready?).

If you want to discuss new technology the appropriate place to
do so is in the nntp-extensions list--which was set up for exactly
this purpose (subscribe at nntp-extensions-request at academ.com).
I think it would be a good idea to present your proposed extensions there.

Jonathan Grobe <grobe at netins.net>