LNH/REPOST: LNH Comics Presents #303: Infinite Leadership Crisis Part 268

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 03:37:35 PST 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 03:03:58 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 12/26/2013 4:46 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> Hmmmmmm. I had an explanation for this, but I see that I never
>> actually put it in. Basically, the power/negative emotions he relies
>> on have still been building up over time and need to be unleashed.
>
> Isn't "time" roughly 268 days, the same amount of time as always until
> Christmas Eve?

That's the point - that it's built up to the level it's usually at on
Christmas Eve, only they can't do the Christmas thing they usually do about
it.

>  >> My, he *is* a retro hero, isn't he?  But I suppose any Christmas song
>  >> will do.  And it helps when the whole family knows it.
>  >
>  > I think he's actually a pretty modern hero - deeper, personal
>  > characterization but without the focus on angst!
>
> He's modern just like all the superhero revivals are modern - especially
> the Avengers and Justice League revivals of the late 1990s.  They have
> all the original stuff and don't deny the history, but they deal with
> the modern age.

Well yeah, but I mean. Probably not "retro" in the way you meant? Not the
square-jawed up-and-at-'em type.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, UP AND AT THEM