LNH/REPOST: LNH Comics Presents #303: Infinite Leadership Crisis Part 268

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Dec 26 19:03:58 PST 2013

On 12/26/2013 4:46 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
 > On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 02:51:03 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
 >
 >> Hmm.  If the children and the Santas and Edgar Sorrow all know it's
 >> Christmas, we have to come up with a reason why Christmas is
 >> substantially different in April.  Ever since before they called it
 >> Christmas, Christmas has been about turning back the darkness.  I
 >> doubt April would be any better for Edgar Sorrow in that regard.
 >> Still, maybe equinox gives him equality...
 >
> Hmmmmmm. I had an explanation for this, but I see that I never
> actually put it in. Basically, the power/negative emotions he relies
> on have still been building up over time and need to be unleashed.

Isn't "time" roughly 268 days, the same amount of time as always until
Christmas Eve?  But has the absence of Halloween perhaps built up his
power?  And an Infinite April *in which the sun doesn't move* might give
him power too.

 >> My, he *is* a retro hero, isn't he?  But I suppose any Christmas song
 >> will do.  And it helps when the whole family knows it.
 >
 > I think he's actually a pretty modern hero - deeper, personal
 > characterization but without the focus on angst!

He's modern just like all the superhero revivals are modern - especially
the Avengers and Justice League revivals of the late 1990s.  They have
all the original stuff and don't deny the history, but they deal with
the modern age.

I know. - Archie Andrews

I know. - Archie Andrews