LNH20: Ultimate Mercenary v20 #4

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 3 19:57:13 PDT 2012

On 8/3/2012 7:43 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Friday, August 3, 2012 9:45:48 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> Oooh, foreshadowing! Now, is Acton Lord saying The Spoon is about
>> to join the Legion, or is he even talking about The Spoon?
>
> Nope, the anomaly is UM himself. How he got here--and just how
> anomalous he is--will be explored when we get to Flame Wars Final.

heh.  I was about to claim he was talking about Clueless Lad.  But
Clueless Lad is less an anomaly than a source of great power.  And of
course, at the rate we both write LNH stories, you'll get your claim in
first.  8{C>

>> Oh, and I liked the pie fight.
>
> That was definitely a fun scene to write. Another example of UM
> taking
> everything super-seriously. It wasn't as detailed as some of the scenes
> in the first three issues, but I think that worked becuase this was an
> overwhelming situation for him and he wasn't fully aware of it.

Actually, I felt he was more angsty than serious.  If he were *serious*,
he'd probably wipe the whole cafeteria out in a pie fight.

> Adrian (also, are we going to do a story about the Olympics?)

Maybe if someone challenges me.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.