RACCIES: States of the RACCies address

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 17:43:56 PDT 2007

Jamie Rosen wrote:
> On Aug 28, 10:59 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>It's a Hall of Fame... not a greatest stories of all time thing...
>>
>>It's just adding another name to a list of greats every year...
>>that's what it is...
>

> I get where you're coming from; I just think that if you run it every
> year you'll wind up with a Hall of Fame that looks an awful lot like
> the Eyrie archive. :)

Have you looked at the eyrie archive lately?  We'll all be dead before
that happens.  :)

There are like a million stories in there...

I suppose the weakest categories are probably the Miniseries and
Crossover ones...

That being said, I just looked in the LNH miniseries archive and
counted over 50 minis and that's not counting all of the Omega,
Patrol, NTB, ASH, Crossroads, 8FOLD, and other minis...

And of course one shots would also fall under the mini category...

I don't know how many crossovers there have been, but I'm betting
more than 40 or so...

Plus every year people are going to still be writing stuff... so
the choices will just keep getting bigger and bigger... (unless
RACC dies, which is always possible)...

I don't think this something worth worrying about till the 15th
year a vote for the RACC Hall of Fame is held...

Anyway, next time could be the last time if no one votes... so
there's that...

Arthur "A long way off" Spitzer