RACCIES: States of the RACCies address

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 19:52:29 PDT 2007

Martin Phipps wrote:

> On Aug 28, 5:50 am, Jamie Rosen <jamie.ro... at sunlife.com> wrote:

>>>Wasn't there also a vote to see who would run the RACCIES next year?
>>>I'll do it but I want sympathy votes.
>>
>>Arthur won. Perhaps you could be vice-RACCie administrator?
>

> Eh?  I think I would remember that result.  In any case, I don't want
> to do the Hall of Fame Awards.  It doesn't make sense to vote for the
> all time greatest RACC stories two years in a row, not unless the all
> time greatest are going to be from this year in which case people
> would be voting for them anyway in the regular RACCies.
>
> Martin

If you want to do the Raccies you can, Martin...

If not I'll do them...

And I'll do the RACC Hall of Fame next time...

I don't really see it as a best of thing... more of
honoring each year a selection of works or persons...

Of course this year was All stuff from 1992 to 2005...

Next year's vote would be 1992 to 2006 minus the persons
or works that are already in their hall of fame category...

And then 1992 to 2007 and so on... assuming someone wants
to run it and people nominate stuff and vote...

I suppose based on what got second place this time might
predict what wins next year... but that's not a given...

There could be more or less voters and people nominating stuff,
The voters could change their minds about what they like or
find stuff in the archive they like better than their original
choices... and the 2006 choices might beat the rest... who
knows...

But regardless I'll do the ballot stuff for it... and we'll see
how many people bother to vote...

I think a growing list of what RACC readers think are the best of
the best will be interesting... especially for new readers...

I'd love to see the Superguy Authors do something like this... but
that's never going to happen...

Arthur "Hall of Shame" Spitzer