LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes wikipedia stuff...

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 20:39:17 PDT 2006

Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> Here's the original Cheesecake Eater Lad post...

Thanks for reposting this; it was what I was using as the basis for
that part of the story, and it'll be nice for people to be able to
compare and contrast.

> And I did a little more searching on Google and I think this was the guy who
> created Cheesecake Eater Lad: Matthew Jotham Millheiser.

Thanks, Arthur.  I had managed to uncover the name of "M. Jotham
Millheiser", but I was unable to find out what that pesky M stood for.
Thanks!

> I'd go with this guy being the Pre-Cry.Sig C-ELad and the one we know and
> love as the Post-Cry.Sig C-ELad.  I don't think there's really any point in
> trying to incorporate their origins.  Maybe C-ELad has vague Pre-Cry.Sig
> memories, but I think he should be a separate character from this guy.

Yes, it's a vague memory that comes flooding back for a brief moment.
It then will start to fade away, and the fact that it had been
retconned away will be mentioned with Cry.Sig cross-referenced.

> As for Cheesecake Eater Lad's powers, well he's called Cheesecake Eater Lad
> and not Cheesecake Maker Lad for a reason.  I do think C-ELad's primary
> power should be being able to eat any kind of cheesecake (even if it's
> radioactive, full of razor blades, made of diamond, you name it).  I've

I completely and totally agree.  While I'm fine with him making
cheesecake as one of the LNH's resident chefs, I think one can agree
that his power is to eat any kind of cheesecake, and an awesome power
it is indeed!  Witness, then, what happens when our heroes find
themselves in a universe where their awesome powers do not work!... a
world where Adamant Authority-on-Everything back downs from one of his
opinions, where something ironic slips by Toony Stark's notice (which I
suppose would be ironic in and of itself)... a world where >gasp<
Cheesecake-Eater Lad is unable to consume the cheesecake before him.

Does this not have the makings of the greatest, saddest epic tale of
our time?  The Legion story to end all Legion stories?  Why, it's right
up there with-- PIGS IN TIME, the new series from Martin Phipps & Tom
Russell!  Marvel, dearest friends, at what happens when Master Blaster
and Sarcastic Lad come face-to-face with Cleopatra, in a story we just
had to call... "Big Mummy's House"!

PIGS IN TIME: the greatest story ever told, ever. (TM)

--Tom, on a shamelessly shameless promotional binge... of promotion