ietf-nntp OVER and HDR parameter comments

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 3 12:47:13 PST 2003

Charles Lindsey <chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> Eh? I don't see any return code for "We don't do that header". All I see
> is 225 with empty list meaning "didn't find that header anywhere".

   A server MAY only allow HDR commands for a limited set of headers and
   metadata items (such as those present in the overview database).  If
   so, it MUST respond with a 503 response to attempts to request other
   headers, rather than returning erroneous results such as a successful
   empty response.

In section 10.6.1.2.