AD: Superguy/Sfstory Discord Launched!

Gary W. Olson swede3000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:01:29 PDT 2022

Hey there! Been a long time! How're you doing? You look marvelous! Haven't
aged a day, have you?

The recent series of new Superguy stories got me in a mood. Call it
nostalgia, call it inspiration, call it the nebulous miasma within which I
make all my great life choices, I decided to get off my duff and follow
through with an idea that's been knocking around my skull for a while now
-- set up a Discord server specific to the community of Superguy / Sfstory
readers and authors, and invite everyone to come in and reconnect.

It's not the first community hub we've had, of course. The Superpen and
Superchat email lists were (and still are!) those. The Superguy groups on
LiveJournal and Dreamwidth flourished for a while. And there is still a
Superguy group on Facebook (the Internet's Retirement Home!). But even
though all of those are still around, none are particularly active. So, I
figured the best place to go would be a new place, one that's a more 'this
decade' place for hanging out, chatting, and reconnecting. And that, in
2022, is Discord.

As a place to hang out, it reminded me a lot of the old Calvin chatserver
(which -- funny story! -- I was surprised to learn never went entirely
away, and was recently absorbed into Dave Van Domelen's Monster Island
discord server). So, I took it upon myself to set one up. And this is your
invitation:

https://discord.gg/xuhYChvAPK

Readers and authors, former and current, are all welcome! Come see us, and
be amused by how old we've... oh, wait, you haven't aged a day, so that
must mean we haven't, either. Logic!

While I'm here, since we're getting some new stories, I should also
announce that I've started up a Twitter account for notifying people of new
posts, and maybe possibly getting new readers to read them:

https://twitter.com/superguysfstory

Which begs the question, will there be more new stories? Short answer is...
yes! If you're reading this in your email, you'll see them when they're
posted. And if you sign up to the Discord, you may hear about them before
they get posted!

That's enough for me for now. Hope to see you on Discord!

--
Gary W. Olson
swede3000 at gmail dot com / swede3000 at garywolson dot com