Copyright Infringement?

Eagle eagle at eyrie.org
Sat Dec 18 15:01:03 PST 2004

Dave Van Domelen <dvandom at haven.eyrie.org> writes:

>      First, copyright is irrelevant unless this movie actually adapts
> one of the stories in the archive.

Yeah, you can't copyright a word, only trademark it.

>      Third, we never registered Superguy as a trademark, so even if we
> can clearly show we were using the term long before anyone else, it'd be
> an expensive proposition to fight the case.

And trademark suits are generally based on damage to someone else's
commercial business, that being the point of trademarks, so we wouldn't
really have any place to stand on that regardless.

--
Eagle (eagle at eyrie.org)                            Windrider of Crossroads
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>          rec.arts.comics.creative moderator