rogue, rogomatic, debugging

ant ant at anthive.com
Thu Dec 18 10:50:38 PST 2014

  My latest versions are now at:

   rogue 1.1.1

   rogomatic 2.0.1

   rogomatic-debug 3.0.0

  Small changes and workarounds for two bugs are included and
the scripts are changed to work with the new PID information.

summaries:

rogomatic:

   - the invalid direction is adjusted to be correct

   - a vt100 change is optional, but it does get
     around the scrolling related bugs for now.

   - bumped morecount (hitting for one run, not an error)

   - added environment variable GETROGOMATICPID which when
     set will tell me the process id.  makes debugging scripts
     much faster.  a normal user would not set this variable
     or see the resulting file.

rogue:

   - added environment variable GETROGUEPID which when
     set will tell me the process id.  makes debugging scripts
     much faster.  a normal user would not set this variable
     or see the resulting file.

rogomatic-debug:

   - mainloop changed to use the faster and more reliable PID
     information supplied by the programs.  mainloop.old is
     provided for those who want the older version, but I will
     not be changing that version any longer and eventually it
     will be removed.

  With these changes I now get through an entire test suite with
no reported errors, crashes or hangups.  Further testing and
bug fixing continues when I get the time.

  There are still bugs of various kinds in rogomatic, but on the
whole now things are coming along well.  The TODO, NEWS and
ChangeLog files provide more details.

  website links:

  www.anthive.com/rog/rog.html and
  www.anthive.com/rog/other/things.html

  Questions or comments to ant at anthive dot com