Dungeon Monkey Eternal v0.1.0alpha: Can't Stop The Monkeys

Joe Hewitt pyrrho12 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:44:16 PDT 2014

I am pleased to announce my first new roguelike in (mumble mumble) years- Dungeon Monkey Eternal!

DME is a party-based fantasy roguelike roleplaying game. You control a group of up to four adventurers, who set off on a randomly determined quest in a randomly constructed world. The desired mood is that of a late night D&D session with friends.

Features:

- Classic dungeon RPG rule system, with 9 player species and 12 jobs. The mechanics were largely taken from Dungeon Monkey Unlimited, and several balance issues were addressed. All statistics are visible from the inventory/character sheet display.

- Turn based tactics combat. Players and enemies can use spells, stealth, and a variety of skills.

- Dynamic conversation system which customizes every character's dialogue according to dialect and the story state. This also applies to the player characters.

- Random world and story generation, including random generation of adventure game style puzzles.

- Completely written in Python. No more homebrew scripting languages!

Note that PyGame and Python 2.6 or 2.7 are needed to play.

Dowload from GitHub:

https://github.com/jwvhewitt/dmeternal/releases/tag/alpha_0.1.0

Official announcement at the GearHeadRPG blog:

http://www.gearheadrpg.com/?p=119

Try it out, and let me know what you think.

- Joseph Hewitt