Sword In Hand: Success!

Jeff Lait torespondisfutile at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:05:07 PDT 2012

I am pleased to announce the release of Sword in Hand!

http://www.zincland.com/7drl/sword

Sword in Hand is a Seven Day Roguelike written for the Eighth Annual
Seven Day Roguelike Challenge.  Coding on this game ceased 168 hours
after it started.

Thousands of years ago, in the midst of the Age of Heroes, a powerful
magic sword was crafted.  Forged from sky-iron it was named "The
Freyblade".

It gained increasing notoriety as it passed from hero to hero and
warlord to warlord.  Eventually, it, or should we say, you,
gained self-awareness.  As your powers awakened, you soon found you
could easily overpower the will of any who wielded you.

Still, being a sword, your own goals lacked any overarching purpose.
You contented yourself with serving king after king, happily joining
any cause that let you see action.

Your last owner met its fate in the depths of a particularly deep
dungeon.  After a hundred year rest in its skeletal grip,
you have been found and once more provided a body to control.

King Viola, it seems, has a problem.  He and his foe, King Crimson,
are set to wage a battle to the death.  However a quick glance at the
strategic situation shows the battle will be swift and glorious: for
King Crimson!

So you have been awakened to do what you do best.
--
Jeff Lait
(Sword in Hand: http://www.zincland.com/7drl/sword)