7DRL Success: The Death of Juga t'Dy (formerly TurnRL)

ivanahertzeu at gmail.com ivanahertzeu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:26:18 PDT 2012

The Death of Juga t'Dy is a party-based, long-turn dungeon crawler. You are a soldier sent to eliminate a bandit warlord - but your superiors sent you alone, so in order to succeed you'll have to conscript some of the very bandits you're fighting.

I'll post some more information soon to Roguebasin and the 7DRL blog soon, but for now you can get the game + source below. I developed the game in Visual Studio 2010, so non-windows users may have a little work to do in order to get it to compile.

There are some bugs and plenty of neglected features left, but the game is playable and winnable, and I put in a lot of effort to ensure that nearly all important information is conveyed in-game. The game is overall much easier than I would like, but I can adjust that fairly easily and I know everyone is going to be drowning in roguelikes in a day or two.

In the near future I am going to have to tear up a lot of it due to some terrible decisions made early on in the project, but I intend to eventually produce similar games in this vein.

Source:
http://db.tt/0t4hfFsJ

Windows binaries:
http://db.tt/bBLMHwCG