Solstice 0.0.22 Alpha release

Brigand markashall at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:03:31 PST 2012

http://solsticeroguelike.weebly.com/

Previously titled Rogue Project 2, I have given my roguelike the name
Solstice, and released an early version (Solstice because the Sun
plays a part in the game mechanics, as well as the moon).

Note that you can press \ on the overworld map to unlock a few basic
skills to muck around with, but these may not be in the final game,
and were added to test the interface.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Version Notes 0.0.22 - Alpha

New features:

Screen now scales properly even if user has DPI set to alternative
value. Can manually scale screen in cases where auto settings don't
set correctly.

Rewrote display routine to be considerably more efficient - screen
recenters less often, and only redraws the affected area, rather than
the entire screen as before.

4 Item hotkeys added

 25 new monsters.

Large parts of the monster AI rewritten.

2 new biomes (desert, volcanic peaks) with associated hazards (eg,
lava)

5 new procedurably generated map types (BSP type dungeons, cellular
automata generated caverns, etc). Some of these are many levels deep.

Changed endurance mechanic to require player to periodically rest
(camp) as well as eat and drink. Neglecting eating, drinking, and
resting is not currently lethal, but your stats suffer greatly as time
carries on.

Allies (temporary in the form of charm monster, permanent, commandable
allies are coming, with inventory)

Rudimentary home base editor (can place walls and some buildings; this
is leading to the ability to create your own complete town/castle/
whatever, in anticipation of sieges - note that you must establish
your home base first, and then you can edit it from the overworld)
Right now, it simply builds whatever you want in stone/housing
material - in the future your resources are limited, but for now you
can build what you want.

Containers (chest, bags, etc)

Also note that the few skills I have in the games are just examples to
test the interface and skill screen. They are fully functional, but
not representative of what kind of skill I am planning on having.

Brigand