[ANN] The Return of coredumpcentral.org - Rogue Central

The Azz Man! azz at azz.invalid
Sun Sep 18 22:02:47 PDT 2011

http://www.coredumpcentral.org/

>From the front page:

After being gone from the Internet for 7 years, I again purchased the
domain name, and the site has been/is being reconstructed based on material
retrieved from the Internet Archive and other sites throughout the Net.

While most of the old downloads have been restored, many are still needed.
See Contact for more information and a list of requested material. Help
from visitors would be greatly appreciated.

One of my biggest regrets about college was not related to college at all -
it was me shutting down coredumpcentral.org. I don't remember the exact
reason(s), but I'm glad it's back, and hope you are too.

Enjoy! -core_dump

9/19/11: Restored version of the site published. Details:

    1. New Site Name: Rogue Central @ coredumpcentral.org
    2. The site will maintain the retro, hacker-style,
text-based-browser-compatible bright-on-black HTML 4.01 Transitional look.
    3. The use of frames in the site has been replaced with a
nearly-identical but partially-tables-based look. The former top frame
featuring the UNIX Rogue 5.3 Clone screenshot was moved, the name of the
site was updated, and individual page titles will be listed next to the new
name. The copyright notice was moved to the very bottom, and of course
updated.
    4. The "Cheating" portion of the page is lost in history. I don't have
the original material, and don't know what it contained. The recovered copy
of the Download page suggested it might have included information on
savescumming.
    5. "Download" only includes Rogue downloads and links to Rogue version
Web pages. "Utilities" and "Docs & Spoilers" were split off into their own
section. Dead links were changed/deleted, lots of new material (including
for new systems) was added, though some of the older material is still
needed. See "Contact" for a list of needed material.
    6. "Play Online" features links to play different versions of Rogue
through your browser.
    7. All new/updated "Links"
    "About Rogue" page is in planning but not yet available
    8. A limited "Roguelikes" page will be created sometime next month.
Click the link on the side for details.
    9. All-new "Screenshots" page, currently with DOS, Windows, Z-Machine,
and TI-84+ SE screenshots. Linux screenshots coming soon.
    10. A surviving 1/12/03-10/5/04 Page Updates list from the old site has
been included. Link below this date's entry.

--

Azz
President of alt.politics, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, & talk.politics.misc