JADE 0.2.2 released

getter77 brian13137 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:54:48 PST 2011

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/

"Directly on the heels of yesterdays JADE 0.2.1 release (read those
release notes - they have the major things) I am sad having to
announce that JADE 0.2.2 has been released. Some last minute changes
broke  the game experience in major ways and this needed immediate
fixing. Talk about releasing early and often ;-(

The major bug fix is about corpse rotting: Too many message were
generated and required a (more) prompt. As a consequence the game
experience was completely ruined as soon as the first corpse started
to rot.

This issue and a few others have been fixed - I highly recommend to
upgrade ASAP. Here's the complete list of changes wrought upon the
game engine this morning:

* Fixed a major bug with corpse rotting that caused a message to
appear
  on every step (issue 587).
* Fixed a major problem with passage of time (time got distorted by a
  calculation error that was in the game since JADE 0.0.1 - amazing;
  another bugfix now made it visible).
* Removed a bit of debugging output that might have caused a slowdown
in some places.
* Fixed the probability of orc corpses being generated (it still was
100%).
* Adjusted some other corpse generation probabilities.
* Fixed the handling of monsters following the PC which slowed down
movement on the
  world map immensely (after the passage of time bug mentioned above
was fixed).
* The display is now immediately updated when a corpse lying on the
ground rots away.

How do I feel about it? Sad. Do I have a quality problem? I don't
think so considering the amount of changes JADE got during 0.2.0 and
0.2.1 - development right now is quite fast and loose.

So let me know: Would you prefer to wait a bit longer (e.g. giving me
a couple of days to just play the game) or don't you mind getting a
somewhat buggy release? Not that I am considering to stay on this
quality level but obviously working like a maniac in what little time
I have has side effects ;-)

Hopefully now JADE 0.2.2 will prove to be a lot more stable and
convenient to use. For the next couple of days I will refrain from
adding major new things and wait for incoming bug reports as I want to
have a stabilized base before we proceed with the next cool features."