Broken Bottle 1.1 released

Darren Grey darrenjohngrey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:34:54 PDT 2011

Hmm, I forgot to post the original 7drl success post here two days
ago.  I've now made version 1.1 of Broken Bottle, a grim, story-based
roguelike about an alcoholic in a post-apocalyptic world.  It is made
using DarkGod's T-Engine, and so people who have the T-Engine of ToME4
can simply download the module file.  Alternatively Windows and Linux
users can use the following self-contained packages:

http://gruesomegames.com/brokenbottle1.1-win.rar
http://gruesomegames.com/brokenbottle1.1-linux.rar

If these don't work, or if you're on OSX, please download the full T-
Engine and my module file, and put the broken_bottle folder into the
game/modules directory.  T-Engine and my module can be found here:

http://te4.org/download
http://gruesomegames.com/broken_bottle1.1-mod.rar

The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world, following an alcoholic
with a murky past as he tries to ascend to the surface.  The game has
a grim and dark theme, with story elements revealed through game
progression, and through hallucinations or dreams induced by alcoholic
abuse or withdrawal.  Alcohol is a core element of the game - living
without it is difficult, as it highly replenishes stamina which is
used up in melee (fighting on very low stamina will make you miss most
of the time).  There are also withdrawal effects if you go without for
a long time.  On the other hand abusing alcohol too much can be bad
for you, and can even send you into a immobile state.  Alcohol will
also affect how the world is perceived, and all messages are given to
the player from a first person perspective.

Some screenshots:

http://gruesomegames.com/brokenbottle1.png
http://gruesomegames.com/brokenbottle2.png
http://gruesomegames.com/brokenbottle3.png

Enjoy, and well done to everyone who has won the challenge this year.
For those that failed, I look forward to seeing you make up for it
next year  :)

--
Darren Grey