Stygia: a 7DRL Success

Perdurabo perdurabo93 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:34:49 PDT 2011

I'd like to announce the success of my 7DRL: Stygia.

In the end I had 6 minutes to spare – total development time was 36
hours.

Stygia, a 7DRL for Windows can be downloaded at
http://kharne.googlecode.com/files/Stygia-v0.1.zip (executable + C#
code, requires .NET 4 framework to run, and LibtCod.NET v1.50+ to
compile). Its been released under the GPL v2.

The goal is simple: get to the bottom of the dungeon (10 levels deep)
and find the gate to the Plane of Elemental Fire before you freeze to
death.

Cheers to the chaps behind Libtcod & Libtcod.NET - without them it
wouldn't been possible.

I think I’ll go and pass out for a few weeks now (joke). In a few days
I’ll start work on a non-7DRL bug-fix/refactored version, and then a
Linux-compatible version using Mono after that. The Stygia devblog is
at: http://stygiaroguelike.wordpress.com/

But its been my first 7DRL and although hectic, its been bloody fun.

P.