Infra Arcana, Release 2

Martin Törnqvist m.tornq at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:11:43 PDT 2011

Hello all!

Today I finished the second version of my Roguelike "Infra Arcana"

The game web page is located at:
http://infraarcana.wikispaces.com/

I also have a development blog at:
http://infraarcana.blogspot.com/

Here is a brief description of the game, quoted from the web site:
"Infra Arcana is a Roguelike computer role-playing game set in the
early 20th century. The goal is to explore the lair of a dreaded cult
called The Church of Starry Wisdom. Buried deep beneath their hallowed
grounds lies an artefact called The Shining Trapezohedron - a window
to all secrets of the universe. Your ultimate goal is to unearth this
artefact.

The theme and inspiration for this game comes mainly from the horror
fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft. [...] It's not a pure H.P.L game
though, as it also draws flavour from various B-horror movies, as well
as the 1997 first-person shooter Blood"

---
Changes for release 2:

New features
*Traps
*A command to trigger known traps on purpose
*Secret doors
*command to wait for 10 turns (useful to search for hidden things)
*New level up bonuses to choose from
*New status effects
*New terrain type: smoke
*Armor (a bit crude so far)
*Different First Aid (not item based)
*Starvation is not lethal (but still very dangerous)
*Expanded the command list screen to a brief manual

Fixes
*Much better looking explosions and projectile hits
*The in-game quit command returns to the main menu instead of shutting
down the game
*Monsters roam the map more
*Message if an item drops where you stand
*Removed bouncing of thrown items (it felt too unpredictable)
*Fixed some grammatical errors