Triangle Wizard R 10.01 released

getter77 brian13137 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:42:13 PST 2011

"A new year has come and with it a new update for Triangle Wizard!
Beyond the bug fixes I've added a new shrine, talents, unique
creatures & items as well as two big changes.

The first one is that resistances are now capped at a certain value
(about 70%) and can only increase by either starting with resistance
in that area (for example goblins, who have poison resistance, have a
higher cap for poison resistance), wearing artifacts, wishing for it,
gaining talents for it or by casting some spells. For example Fire
Halo also raises the fire resistance cap now (so you can still be
immune to fire with Fire Halo). From the player feedback I've gathered
over the last few months this should not affect most players since
they finished the game with about 70% resistance to all, but it will
stop the game from being trivial by making yourself immune to
everything (which was possible in some cases).

Second we now have in-dungeon missions. This functions a bit like they
did in for example Diablo; you meet a quest giver, you talk with that
person and you go out and do something. Most missions are more varied
than just killing some creature and the rewards are also taken from a
broarder pool. In some missions you can even obtain optional rewards
for completing optional objectives. All these missions are optional
and are randomly drawn from a file.

Missions can be modded, and players can (with some GML coding) create
their own missions.

I've been working on it on and off for the last couple of months
because I am pretty busy at the moment with my education, so the total
number of missions is now not as high as I would have liked (there are
13 in total, was aiming for 30), but making missions is pretty time
consuming with a large chance for errors and I simply don't have the
time to add many more in short notice. Expect me to add more as new
updates come along though!

Patch 10.01 Notes:

-Monsters that carried an item and dropped it on death will no longer
drop the same item again when they are resurrected and subsequently
killed again.
-Added support for GML code to be run on unique creature death.
-Added rats.
-Added quest givers and a much more advanced quest system. Quests can
now be edited.
-Humans now only gain half their free talents at the start of the
game, the rest is gained when traveling down the dungeon.
-Added the journal screen, access is via shift (or alt) + pgdn.
-You can now talk to quest givers using T.
-Increased damage taken from the burning status effect on targets
above level 5.
-Neutral creatures will no longer follow you down stairs.
-Modified the appearance of Black Breath.
-Cloud of Ashes clouds will no longer persists through levels.
-Floating text when buying in a shop is now correctly positioned above
the player instead of above the upper left corner of the level.
-Changed the Antipolar Gravity talent into the Voladre Ascendere
talent.
-Molds no longer drop gold.
-Items with a quality level below one only sell for 1 gold now.
-Damage numbers now also randomly float sideways, allowing the damage
numbers for spells that deal multiple types of damage to be
disentangled.
-Fixed a bug that caused some spells to continue to affect the next
dungeon level after leaving the current one.
-Summoned creatures that have been charmed out of your service will no
longer respond to commands.
-Resistances are now capped at certain values and you need specific
item mods or spells to raise them. These values depend on your race.
-Added the Sanctified Shrine.
-Armors now increase physical resistance cap.
-Chinese dragon tattoo no longer grants see-invisible.
-Rune's Companion now correctly grants +60% cold resistance.
-Many unique items no increase maximum resistance caps.
-Added many new item suffixes and prefixes.
-Added a few new talents.
-Several on cast and on hit things are now correctly saved to your
corpse.
-Smite Evil talent now correctly works.
-You can toggle an ingame clock (displaying system time) by pressing
ALT/SHIFT + L.
-Added several unique items.
-Minimap is now only revealed by exploring.
-F1 help menu now also has a quick controls list.
-Updated the tutorial."

http://trianglewizard.webs.com/index.htm