GearHead: ArenaR First Release. Merry Christmas!

Joe Hewitt pyrrho12 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:47:49 PST 2011

GearHead: Arena-R is a remake of GearHead-1 using the GearHead2 engine
with Lua scripting. The idea is to use this as a learning tool- both
for myself, and for those who want to create their own content. I
invite you to join me in filling up this big empty world with cities,
characters, and events.

Creating content with Lua is much easier than it was with ArenaScript.
Conversations may be laid out in a natural fashion. There are a couple
of (hopefully) well-documented tutorials to help get you started.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gearhead2/files/ArenaR/

What's done so far:
- Hogye Village
- The Mecha Sporch arena.
- Hogye Mine, complete with Wolfram at the bottom.
- Services: Quentin's shop, Hogye Clinic, and a mechanic.
- Calmegie Research Station
- The Mystery Machine, a Lua thingamabob for you to play around with.
- Two content files written up as tutorials.
- A new world map system, which I hope you'll like.

What isn't done:
- The rest of the world.
- Plots and stories. I wanted to start with the static content- quests
and rancon- and expand into this later.
- Changes to the rule system. This will probably be done next.
- Graphics for water. Oops.

Try it out, then try adding your own stuff. Let me know what works. Or
what doesn't... that could be more important.

--
Joseph Hewitt
http://ataraxiatheatre.com/