Pre-preview release of Diggr

tkatchev tkatchev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:49:46 PDT 2011

Hello.

Fed up with playing boring old roguelikes, I've been working on my own
special roguelike.
Normally, I'd be playing Nethack, (which is neither old nor boring),
but how much of a single game can one play?

Thus, in a quest for variety, Diggr was born.

You can read the 'mission statement' and download a working .exe for
windows here:

http://code.google.com/p/diggr-roguelike/

The archive includes 'GUIDE.txt', a short explanation of the game
mechanics. Please read it if you feel like it and have the time.

The game is pre-pre-alpha, though in a mostly production-ready state.
What that means is that the game runs, has a feature-complete
interface and doesn't crash, as far as I can tell.
However, there is only enough in-game content up to dungeon level 4 or
so; even so, it should provide a distraction for an evening or two.

Please send bug reports, suggestions, comments and hatemail to
tkatchev-personsign-gmail.com

Thanks.