ARRP 2010 Success: NLarn 0.6 Release

JPEG erinacea at hotmail.de
Sun Sep 19 11:21:58 PDT 2010

It’s our pleasure to announce a brand new version of NLarn for this
year's
ARRP. This is a major release, which adds tons of new features. We
hope you
enjoy playing NLarn, and we're looking forward to hearing from you!

NLarn is a rewrite of the classic roguelike game Larn, which focused
heavily
on traditional roguelike activities of exploration and collecting
treasure.
For more information on Larn, see e.g.
http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Larn

NLarn strives to combine Larn's atmosphere and traditional background
story
with an improved interface and various other new features.

Download:   http://sourceforge.net/projects/nlarn/files/nlarn/0.6/
Bugtracker: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/nlarn/report
Website:    http://nlarn.sourceforge.net/

0.6 Highlights
--------------
* Monsters are more interesting and better differentiated.
* Added rivers and lakes.
* Added an autotravel command ('T' and 'C').
* Automated saving points allow continuing games after crashes.
* Melee combat has been overhauled and works much better now.
* Character stats have a greater impact on the game.
* Nerf some of the more powerful spells.
* Generally, blessed items are more useful than uncursed ones.
* New items: amulet of reflection, potions of power, recovery,
levitation.
* Shake up monster generation by including "out-of-depth" monsters.
* Altar prayer is more useful if you donate enough money.
* Get rid of fortune cookies in favour of talkative town people.
* Various interface improvements.
* Squashed a couple of bugs.

For the full list of changes, see our website: http://nlarn.sourceforge.net/

Also, back in April, we forgot to announce the release of NLarn 0.5.4,
which included, among others, a huge amount of interface improvements.
The 0.5.4 change log can be found here:
http://nlarn.sourceforge.net/articles/11/released-054

Feedback and bug reports are very much welcome. Have fun playing!