[ann] T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta3 unleashed!

DarkGod darkgod at te4.invalid
Sun May 30 13:15:26 PDT 2010

(I setup follow-up to rgrd)

As promised here comes T-Engine4 and ToME4 beta3 !
http://blog.te4.org/ http://tome.te4.org/ http://te4.org/

This release improves many aspects of the game, adds new content after
Tol Falas, introduces a new unlockable class, the Sun Paladin.

Note: the windows binaries are now compiled in debug mode, so people
who experienced random crash please run it under gdb for me (see this
link: http://doku.t-o-m-e.net/tome4:running_tome_with_gdb)

Note2: When you'll have unlocked sun paladins you'll probably notice
they do not start in a "logical" location, that's normal I'll implement
it later but I wanted people to try them.

OSX binaries will come hopefully tomorrow and this time around we fixed
them ;)

Changes in no particular order:
    * many fixes
    * when attacking the assassins in the special encounter they get
hostile
    * some more info in the savefile description for ToME
    * tells the player when he spotted an hostile while running/resting
what it is and if it is offscreen
    * Escape works in quantity prompts
    * 4 difficulty settings: Easy/Normal/Nightmare/Insane
    * toned down the starting traps damage
    * Forest level generator
    * Level generator now ensures connectivity from entrance to exit
and to level guardian usnig A*
    * Trollshaws switch to "Forest" generator, using fBm noise
    * add Cavern level generator, also based simplex noise and some
floodfill
    * Keybind screen scrolls correctly on 800×600
    * many typo fixes
    * player profiles, replacing some settings, achievements wont
transfer but unlocks will
    * BSP generic class
    * Town map generator
    * better particle engine; particles can follow an actor
    * many new spell effects
    * scroll of shielding
    * fix phase door & teleport to not be stopped by LOS
    * fixed savefiles for OSX
    * fireflash effect
    * extended quest line after tol falas, moria is now available
    * most talents now warn the player when self-targetting
    * cannot die in the ambush of tol falas
    * killing ukruk is now supported in tol falas ambush
    * all sustained talents deactivate if the ressource they depend on
reaches 0
    * changed all speed mods to be a percent and compute them right
(+100% means twice as fast not infinitely faster)
    * reduced shadowstrike damage
    * all crits are now 150% instead of 200%
    * stun/freeze/slow/pinned/confusion/blind durations reduced based
on rank and physical/mental/spell resistance
    * Freeze cooldown increased to 5
    * "hit warning" displays the direction of incomming ranged attacks
    * nasty surprise for the Master
    * monster can now have escorts
    * 2 new unique random boss
    * Monsters that can open door can now .. open doors :)
    * Anacondas dont stun, they constrict
    * New quest in the far east for access to the Gates of Morning
    * Added Gates of Morning (copy of bree for now, sorry!)
    * New zone: Ardhungol, lair of spiders
    * Sun Paladin class available

Have fun!