7DRL Success: Toby the Trapper

Darren Grey darrenjohngrey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 14:29:51 PDT 2010

It is done!  I can't express how over the moon I am about finishing
this...  You can find the game here:

http://www.filedropper.com/trapper

Contains Windows exec and Free Pascal source.  If anyone can please
compile the game in Linux or Mac and send me a copy I'd be very
grateful.

Toby the Trapper is a roguelike based around killing or avoiding
enemies by setting traps.  Otherwise the enemies can kill you in a
single hit (though their slow movement makes them less of a threat on
their own).  Trap upgrades are found over time, but dungeon generation
also changes to get more challenging, more monsters appear, and there
are several unique bosses to contend with.

I had a lot more free time this week than I did last year (even though
I now have 2 jobs) so I was able to meet the time constraints with
much more ease.  This was in spite of the fact that I had to learn a
hell of a lot from scratch.  Trapper has got far more detail to it
than Gruesome.  Got all the features I wanted to in (including 15
ending variations), though it lacks some of the polish I wanted and I
had to quickly patch the ultimate weapon to be something simpler.
Also haven't fully tested all the components as thoroughly as I'd like
(in particular all of the win conditions).  Oh well, glad it's done
anyway!

Now, time to play some of the others...

--
Darren Grey