LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #316: Leadership Crisis Part Four

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 12:57:17 PST 2024

And we're back in the past and can check the eyrie archive
once again.

You'd think this would be in the Ultimate Ninja or LNH Series
folder, but nope -- it's here in Misc folder:

https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/Misc/

So, here's the Leadership Crisis crossover with Martin Phipps's
LNH Series and Raymond "wReam" Bingham's Ultimate Ninja series
(with some behind the scenes editing work by Todd "Scavenger"
Kogutt)!

And now LNH v1 (umm -- #21?) by Martin Phipps!  Is the LNH supposed
to be fun or is it supposed to be DEADLY SERIOUS?!  Will the Ultimate
Ninja be able to keep everyone in line?!  And will the Legion never
be the same again?!!!

Find out in...

              _
             | |      Classic
             | |                      =
             | |      ____    ____    _    ____    ___
             | |__   | [] |  | [] |  | |  | [] |  | _ \

             |____|   \__]    \__ |  |_|   \__/   |_|\_\
                                |_|  OF NET.HEROES

                                    ADVENTURES #316

                         =====================
                      Leadership Crisis Part Four
                         =====================

         Legion of Net.Heroes -- THE LEADERSHIP CRISIS Part I

Rebel Yell sits in his room working at his terminal.  There is a knock
at the door.

  "Come in."
  Bad-Timing Boy entered.  "Yell, you've been sitting here brooding for
days!  When are you going to take leadership back from Ultimate Ninja?"
  Rebel Yell sat back in his chair.  "Actually, I thought I'd just leave
him to it."
  Bad-Timing Boy was shocked.  "There are a *lot* of people who won't
follow Ultimate Ninja."
  Rebel Yell looked concerned.  "He has *my* support.  It is *my*
decision.  I don't see how you have any choice *but* to follow him."
  Bad-Timing Boy breathed deeply.  "That's where you're wrong.  There
*is* another choice."  He stormed out.
  Sidewinder was outside in the hallway.  "Well?"
  Bad-Timing Boy shook his head.  "He's supporting Ultimate Ninja."
  Sidewinder nodded.  "Then we'll go speak to Deja Dude."
  "But what if it turns out that people want to support Ultimate Ninja
after all?"
  "I won't.  You won't either, will you?"
  Bad-Timing Boy shook his head adamantly.
  "Well then, we'll go speak to Deja Dude."

Deja Dude sits in his room "working" at his terminal.  He is currently
scanning rec.arts.comics.xbooks.  He sighs.

  "For goodness sakes, Grubb, GET A LIFE!"

There is a knock at the door.

  "Who is it?"
  "It's me and Sidewinder."
  "Come in."
  They enter.  "Deja, Rebel Yell is supporting Ultimate Ninja."
  Deja Dude throws his hands in the air.  "Well, that's it then."
  "But we're going to support *you*," Sidewinder informed him, "and
there's a lot of others who will too."
  Deja Dude sighed.  It had come to this.

Later, Rebel Yell was trying to explain his position to Old Comics Man,
Super-Apathy Lad, Captain Clean-Up and Doctor Stomper.

  "So, you see, nothing's really changed.  I'm just leaving the
day-to-day decisions to Ultimate Ninja."
  They appeared unconvinced.  Old Comics Man spoke up.  "In my day,
there weren't Ninjas: there were just good guys and bad guys; the
good guys wore white and the bad guys wore black.  Ultimate Ninja wears
black.  It's as simple as that."  The others seemed to agree.
  "You're being silly," Rebel Yell insisted but he began to realise that
this problem wasn't going to go away that easily.

Bad-Timing Boy, Squid Boy, California Kid, Procrastination Boy, Kid
Anarky, Pliable Lad, Panta and Curly are carrying out a discussion
elsewhere on the main floor.

  "Look, I don't see what your problem with Ultimate Ninjas is," Kid
Anarky said.
  "Well, there's the way he didn't believe me when I told him about how
Deja, Stomper, Side, Apathy, Irony, Pro and I faced off against the
Brotherhood."
  Kid Anarky smirked.  "Yeah, I *heard* about that."
  "It's more than that," Squid Boy insisted.  "He's so judgemental; he
won't let us lead our own lives."
  "Yeah," agreed California Kid, "the Legion was supposed to be fun."
  "FUN?" asked Panta.  "Three of our number are already DEAD!  The
Legion is deadly serious!"
  "Easy, Panta," said Kid Anarky trying to calm her down.
  Just then, Irony Man entered.  "Hey, guys, the meeting in the
Central Command Centre will be starting in a minute.  Deja Dude wants
us to all meet in the lobby."
  "So you're all going to go through with this?"  Kid Anarchy looked at
each of them in turn and ended up focusing on Procrastination Boy.
  "Yes," he said trembling, "we are."

In the Central Command Centre are Ultimate Ninja, Rebel Yell, Lurking
Girl, Kid Kirby, Obscure Trivia Lad, Sig.Lad, List Lad, RosterwReam,
Allusion Lad, Typo Lad, Netiquette Lad and Plot King.

  "Alright," began Ultimate Ninja, "this is the first official meeting
of the Legion Leadership since THE FLAME WARS.  We have much to
discuss."
  "Indeed," said Rebel Yell, "there's some dissention in the ranks."

Just then, Deja Dude entered with Doctor Stomper, Super-Apathy Lad,
Procrastination Boy, Sidewinder, Bad-Timing Boy, Irony Man, Old-Comics
Man, Captain Clean-Up, Squid Boy, California Kid and, of course,
Bandwagon Chick.

  Ultimate Ninja gave the new arrivals a quick glance.  "Yeah, we're
going to have to find a way to keep them all in line."
  "It isn't going to be that easy, UN," Deja Dude informed him, "and
I'm afraid the Legion will never be the same."

Next Week:  Leadership Crisis Part Five!!!