SW10/WWW/PRECOG: Powernaut Coming Attractions 2024!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jan 10 20:19:20 PST 2024

After completing four consecutive weekly comics, it seems I'm still
happy to work on Powernaut Comics.  Having nothing in my schedule, I've
been working on some infrastructure.

(1) I've trained Powernaut Comic pages going forward, to get their links
to other Powernaut Comics from one source.  So as I prepare a page for a
new story, it and the main page can display the links to all my most
recent stories up through story year 1995 - and vice versa.  Old stories
will be retrofitted later, whenever I'm editing those stories anyway.

(2) The next story year will build comics out of modular blocks.  I'll
pile them on top of each other to build a daily-style comic (about three
panels), Sunday-style (about six, or current Powernaut style), or
old-style epic (about twelve, or Powernaut 1912 style).  I might need
all of those formats for my next story...

(3) World's Fair 2024!
     -  For the first time since Powernaut 2011, I am working on a story
sometime even *close* to the year it takes place.  And I had to work
hard at the end of 2012 to make even *that* happen - but here we are in
January of the right year for once!
     -  So I can show how wonderful the future world of 2024 could be -
and take advantage of new public domain characters.  Also, it's a
ten-year reunion for the Power School Class of 2014!  But factions from
beyond might be interested...  New character alert!  With modular
components, this could all take place in very small chunks.

(4) While I spew out some 2024 chunks, I have two more 1990s
mega-stories on the scale of Maximum Extremity to handle sometime.
After *that*, it's down to whatever unpublished stories I might select
from Powernaut history.  Maybe the world needs the Powernaut as Dick
Tracy...  Yay, Powernaut!

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.