SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1995 #22: I Guess I Have a Quest

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jan 8 20:44:25 PST 2024

Our Heroes go their separate ways... but what's coming up next year, and
what *is* next year?  Still, Maximum Extremity 1995 is CONCLUDED!

http://eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1995b.htm#22

It's pretty amazing I got back to a weekly schedule for four weeks.  So
It's time for the Author's Notes, if I haven't put them out already...

I've had to decide whether the general public ever found out who this
Powernaut was.  Based on the 2013 series, people were surprised even
then to hear that theory.  So I'm declaring, Wyatt Ferguson never found
out.  At least not by 1995.

I've also had to decide whether the Death of Nympho should be part of
this story.  But in fairness, it always was.  Nympho's player was
surprised to come into the game session wherein Total Conversion's fate
was being determined.  Yes, Megaphone brought a nuke.  Nympho became the
hero who stopped the *two* main villains from blowing up New York City
and then flooding the remains...  Her player felt that session was
intense.  But that's what she got for skipping several intervening
sessions.  Still, her character has earned Hall of Fame status, and full
inclusion in Powernaut Comics.

I've also had to decide whether Megaphone - The End should be part of
this story.  But if not now, then when?  His character also departed the
campaign at this time (or technically shortly thereafter, without any
Powernaut involved).  His creator has also departed now.  So the time
has come.  I had envisioned a different end for him...  but with a
Powernaut around, people just act differently.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.