LNH: Looniverse Fight Chronicles Trading Card Game #10: Clash of Ideals

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Sep 23 15:39:16 PDT 2023

On 2023-09-22 21:03, Drew Nilium wrote:
> Clash of Ideals
> Setup 0
> <Interpersonal> <Conflict>
>
> Choose another player. Each of you chooses a Hero you control. Each of
> you chooses a Voice of Wit, Determination, or Groundedness.
>
> Each Hero A brings the chosen Voice to the other Hero B:
> If A brings Wit, B shows Edge.
> If A brings Determination, B shows Chill.
> If A brings Groundedness, B shows Whimsy.
> A delivers Beats to B equal to the Voice brought minus the Voice shown.
>
> After, if the difference been the Beats on A and on B is less than 2,
> remove all Beats from A and B and Resolve this Conflict. Otherwise, put
> this Conflict Backstage and play it again at the beginning of next turn.
>
> Drama 2, Progression 1
>
> ====

It seems to me, you have a good handle on the mechanics for this game.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out Omniverse the Card Game.  It
probably needs simpler combat rules.  When I try to resolve combat, I
tend to ignore everything between "Loser has to flee" and "Loser is
obliterated".

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.