ASH: Coherent Super Stories Special #1a extended scenes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Oct 10 12:53:50 PDT 2023

On 2023-10-09 20:37, Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> Editor's Note: These scenes represent a later edit to Coherent Super
> Stories Special #1, and in the meta-fictional universe that's part of
> I'm just gonna call this a retcon and say they were always part of the
> original file.

That's the way my stories work also.  Most of them have never made it
into newsgroups, so I just update them freely.  There was one time I
republished the whole update into RACC, 'cause I (correctly) determined
people would notice I'd added a bunch of Victorian adventurers to my
superhero story.  But I appreciate the way you gave us a small update,
because I still remember your original story.

And since you asked...  Your depiction of train travel into Chicago was
fine.  I assume Cameron went by Amtrak (assuming Amtrak still exists
after the "Benefactor" incident), but that detail is not important to
the story.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.