SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1995 #15: Oh! Powernaut! Save Us!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Oct 2 18:14:56 PDT 2023

On 2023-10-02 15:08, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 10/2/23 2:12 AM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The factions in New York City have gone nuclear!  Only the real
>> Powernaut of 1995 can clean that up!  Racer Girl knows how to wake him
>> up for that.  But it's time for a medical truce on the battlefield,
>> and that might not go where Racer Girl wishes...  Maximum Extremity
>> 1995 continues!
>>
>> http://eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1995b.htm#15
>
> Good job with the nuke, Powernaut 1992! I didn't expect to see you back
> so soon after that. X>
>
> Drew "very powerful indeed" Nilium

heh, was he going to stick around to watch the nuke blow up at close
range?  We can presume Megaphone made it back also.

The whole nuke thing was an idea from one of the characters in my
role-playing campaign at the time:  Total Conversion.  Megaphone had
come from the future, and he got annoyed when the U.S. cracked down on
superhumans.  So he started broadcasting to aliens to come invade the
Earth - and he built his own nuke.  I had to admit, he could do that.
But I made him face the consequences in the campaign.  Hence, the nuke
and the alien invasion the Powernaut has had to deal with.

I'm *still* not sure how that ends with the Powernaut around.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.