8FOLD: Reign Morgana # 4, "Crash Course in Lemurian Politics"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Aug 7 17:52:27 PDT 2023

On 2023-08-06 18:06, Amabel Holland wrote:

>     She hates this. Hates being "the child of abuse", hates "the time
> mom tried to drown me in the tub", hates that that's her story, that
> in some ways it feels like it will always be her story. That she will
> always have that knot in her belly, that she will be defined by it.
> That she will always be that sad person that bad things happen to:
> erased from existence, brought back (thanks Melody), kidnapped and
> impersonated ("thanks" Claire), gifted some great big mystical destiny
> nonsense she never asked for.

huh, Mabel.  You got me thinking of my own story now.  Not the fiction I
shamelessly post on the Internet, but *my story*.  I'll be exerting
great effort in travel this month, to show up at a clan wedding
alongside other clan elders, in my capacity as Weird Uncle Scott.  I may
be talking with other elders about my story.  (There's nothing too
horrible in the story, I promise.  But neither is it trivial.)

So, thanks for the parallels.

(I also look forward to where Kate's own story is leading.)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.