LNH: Leadership Cry.Sig 2023 #7

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Apr 8 17:12:57 PDT 2023

On 2023-04-08 08:36, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> "Let me guess," said Occultism Kid. "You're going to run for LNH leader."
>
> "I'm going to–well, yeah," said Merissa. "Obviously I'd be the best at
> that. Nina's good, but I'm better. So what do you say?"
>
> "I mean, sure," said Horrible Name Lad. "Let's go ahead with the
> campaign. Gives us something to do..."
>
> "Hmmm... Guess it wouldn't hurt," said Painful Pun Person. "Marvel
> Zombie Girl, do you have any thoughts? You've been awfully quite all
> this time."
>
> "I have many," said Marvel Zombie Girl, "but none I can speak fully
> right now. It is a grave thing that you undertake..."
>
> "I'll say," said Occultism Kid. "I'll be frank. Merissa, you're a great
> fighter, but you'd be a terrible leader. If you tried to run the team,
> you'd run it into the ground. Which means if you run for leader I'll
> have to do everything I can to stop you..."

Horrible Name Lad chimed in.  "I think I can help with slogans then!
'Merissa:  Running into the ground to meet the LNH where you are!'"

Merissa considered.  "Obviously if I use the *opposite* of your slogans,
it could work...  'Merissa:  Running to take the LNH into the sky!"

Occultism Kid responded, "But what's that even mean?"

Painful Pun Person chimed in... "Doesn't matter!  It sounds good!"  Then
he inserted a particularly painful pun.

As everyone else groaned, Marvel Zombie Girl said, "Thank you for doing
that off-panel."

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.