LNH: Leadership Cry.sig: Net.ropolis 2023 #4

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:56:23 PDT 2023

                      Leadership Cry.sig: Net.ropolis 2023 #4

"Oh, man!  Is that you?  Ultimate Ninja?!"

The mysterious Ninja-Masked Guy turned his head quickly and saw what
appeared to be a talking severed heart floating in midair that was dripping
blood onto the sidewalk.  The thing had cartoonish eyes and a very dopey
looking mouth with buck teeth.

"I mean I thought at first -- No, that can't be, UN -- he doesn't have a
trenchcoat and a fedora!  But it is you!  Awesome look, btw!  Hmm, wonder
if I should also get fedora and trenchcoat too?  Oh, wait.  Don't have arms
-- so it probably won't work that well!  Darn it!"

As the Ninja-Masked Guy was about to go into Kill Mode, he hesitated.  This
thing knew who he was -- therefore -- he needed to go into Question Mode.
Yes.  Question Mode!  "What -- Are YOU?"

"Oh, man!  You're such a kidder, UN!  You know who I am!  I'm Throbby!
Throbby the Talking Severed Heart!  You freed me long ago from the chest of
a Bad Man -- and because of that now I can roam the globe and have FUN and
WACKY adventures!  Oh, wait!  I get it!  This for all those new LNH readers
out there who don't know who I am!  Gotcha!  Hey, there -- NEW LNH
READERS!!"

"You know about the LNH?"

"Oh, yeah!  Tons!  I am a member -- although maybe only in the LNH Webcomic
-- which I don't think it was ever completely settled whether that was in
continuity!  But deep in my heart I think it's in continuity!"

The Ninja-Masked Guy's steel eyed gaze intensified.  "Tell ME where they
are!"

"Hmm.  The LNH?  That's a good question!  Where is the LNH?  I think
they're some where in -- umm -- Net.ropolis, I think?  Or maybe Got.ham?
Got.net City?  Well, they're somewhere along the East Coast -- pretty sure
about that!  I mean it's been awhile since I've visited the LNHHQ -- like
2008!  Been mostly trotting around the globe having fun and wacky
adventures.  That sort of thing!  Did hit a snag in like Budapest.  Got
into like some legal jam mess.  And now I'm kinda an international fugitive
-- but its okay -- I'm sure it will all work out!  Anyways, decided to go
back to my home town of Net.ropolis -- and that's why I'm here!  Hey, you
know what we should do?  We should get like a cab!  I bet one of those cab
drivers knows where the LNH is!  Yeah!  Let's do that!  Got any money?"

"Money?" said the Ninja-Masked Guy with a confused look.

"Yeah.  I don't have any either!  And I know with first hand experience
that cab drivers get really grouchy when you don't have any money!
Especially, if you've been squirting blood all over their back seat!  They
really hate that!  So, guess -- probably shouldn't do the cab idea.  Hmm.
Oh, wait!  Got it!  The Subway!"

"Subway?"

"Yeah!  The Subway!  The Subway's probably free!  And they're probably
totally chill with a little blood squirtage!  Yeah!  Let's do that!  The
Subway!  We're going to ride the Subway!  This is going to be SO much fun!
Weee!!"

And the Ninja-Masked Guy followed the blood spattered trail the floating
severed talking heart made as it sought out the nearest Subway entrance.

Credits:

Ninja-Masked Guy is maybe wReam's?
Throbby the Talking Severed Heart is mine and Free For Use.

Writer's Note:  Okay, that's it for me for awhile.  Let others write some
issues before I show up again.

Throbby the Talking Severed Heart has the power to float and one would
assume an infinite supply of blood that it can squirt.  And I don't really
know how it does stuff like open doors and such.  Perhaps it relies on the
kindness of strangers for that sort of thing.

Arthur "Mode Mode..." Spitzer