LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

Jeanne Morningstar mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:41:22 PDT 2022

On 9/1/22 9:55 PM, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 3/27/22 5:18 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> I think this is the point where Jeanne first established this
> relationship, and it really does immediately feel like something that
> goes back to the early '90s. X>

That's kind of how the LNH has always worked, really.

I came up with this whole dynamic for an attempt at starting an LNh v3
#1 which would have had an all-female team, mirroring the Brian Wood
X-Men of the time (probably for the best that went nowhere, considering
how that turned out...) I came up with this whole dialogue exchange out
of the blue and didn't know what characters it went with, later deciding
on Cat and Tara.

>> Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat. >>
>> "Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"
>
> So adorable

I excerpted this scene on the LNH tumblr, and to this day it still gets
reblogs every now and again from people who know nothing about the LNH.

>  > "No, no, Batman can't be a tsundere. Tsundere are supposed to be cute
> anime
>  > girls and Batman is a hot dad."
>
> This is such a good line. X>

I've always kind of written Tara as being a reflection or distillation
of current internet culture.

> Yeah, it took me a while to get a handle on. X> Especially in
> Friendgame. I'm retconning some of that weirdness by saying that her
> powers are increased in the Friend Zone, due to its nature of connection.

All the characters I create tend to have powers that are both
wide-ranging and very specific, kind of like the early Silver Age Flash
and Green Lantern. There's a definite logic by which they work, but it's
associational logic.

> Ohhhhh, sweetie. ;-; Must hug.

One thing about the whole Alice/Victoria relationship is that Alice
really has many of the same inseucrities and anxieties Vic does, she's
just better at hiding them because she's built her personality around
bieng the confident hero/leader type.

Like Cat/Tara, their relationship was influenced by Carol Danvers and
Jessica Drew's. Carol being someone who was always pushing forward (even
when it might not be a good idea), Jess being someone who tended to
retreat into anxiety. Alice is Carol Danvers+Kitty Pryde and Vic is
Jessica Drew+Illyana Rasputin, more or less.

>> YOU HAVE BEEN READING JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL
>> NEVER HAVE AN ENDING #8
>> AKA LOONIVERSE Y #15 PART 2
>> by Adrian J. McClure

> :D :D :D THAT'S SUCH A GOOD TITLE DROP

Oh boy, here come the really big emotions...

--
Jeanne "Comrade Bruce Wayne: Gossip Girl" Morningstar
Chief Procrastinator, Commission of Ecumenical Translators

It is a foul bauble of man's vanity. Away with it!
--Count Dracula, throwing a mirror out a window, _Dracula_ by Bram Stoker