SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #23: I Have to Touch That Gem Now!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon May 16 18:13:28 PDT 2022

The Powernaut commits to touching the monstrous power object in this
battle - right as Paula shows up again!  Powernaut 1992:  Romance and
Death continues.

http://eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992b.htm#23

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Cartoon Violence

For a series so full of swords and axes, there's remarkably little
blood.  There are a few possible explanations.  (1) Super-powered aliens
don't bleed the same way we do.  (2) Good swordsmen make a point of not
bleeding. (Just like good boxers make a point of not being hit.)  (3)
Artistic license on the part of Powernaut Comics.  I've seen Marvel
Comics show a lethal hole blown right through a hero, with no blood.
Maybe it was cauterized.  But I'm inclined to say, cartoon violence.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.