SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #8: How to Save This Village?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jul 25 21:27:22 PDT 2022

On 2022-07-25 20:45, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 9/7/21 9:45 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The Powernaut is actually making friends with Happy Bears.  Total
>> Conversion, not so much...  Hijinks ensue, as Powernaut 1992 continues.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992.htm#8
>
> This is an astounding character lineup. X3

heh, it's from throwaway Gamemaster dialogue improvised in the original
superhero campaign, when our 1990s heroes were on the attack.  "All the
other bears have fled, but Slow Bear, Stupid Bear, and Suicidal Bear are
still here!"

I brought all those in to a later encounter.  Suicidal Bear was trying
to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, but Stupid Bear was telling him the
wrong way to jump...  My player characters *loved* beating on Happy
Bears, so I gave them that for one more episode.  As though it actually
hurt Happy Bears.

Senile Bear has come in since from my own life, heh.  I recognize his stick!

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.