NTB/LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #231: Superhuman World 2012 Annual/LNH vII #56

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:26:14 PST 2022

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for these LNH, NTB, and SW10 stories.

And this week we have a Scott Eiler LNH/NTB/Super Human World crossover!
It seems Satan has lost his Spine!  What's a Satan to do?  Perhaps
create his own Miracle Pet to find it?  And will Brad Pitt somehow be
involved with this?

Find out in...

              _
             | |      Classic
             | |                      =
             | |      ____    ____    _    ____    ___
             | |__   | [] |  | [] |  | |  | [] |  | _ \

             |____|   \__]    \__ |  |_|   \__/   |_|\_\
                                |_|  OF NET.HEROES

                                    ADVENTURES #231

                         =====================
                 Superhuman World 2012 Annual/LNH vII #56
                         =====================

Superhuman World 2012 Annual/LNH vII #55

From: Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Date: Sat Jun 22 00:38:21 PDT 2013

The Donors of Satan gathered.  Their leader plucked a monocle off his
face, stuck a floating eye back in the empty socket underneath, and
spoke.  "Our Master's Eye has found what happened to His Spine.  It lies
in a pit in another world.  Captured by magic cats."

"Damned blockhead pets!"  The sorceress across the table spouted flame.

"Oh, *I* think the pets are to be *commended* for turning the tables on
their torturer."  The sorcerer next to her leaned back in his chair and
arched his fingers.

The leader said, "Still, Brother Iain, while we can agree the Spine's
previous operator had it coming, Our Master requires his Spine."

"Oh, surely He has misplaced body parts before."  A second sorcerer
spoke from a silver mouth - encased by a silver skull.

"Indeed, Brother MANIC.  The Wang of Satan usually rebuilds those.  But
the recent superhero Raptures have scythed into the Wang's preferred
breeding stock.  He prefers noble but corruptible.  But the Super Savior
Rapture took much of the *corrupted* righteous, and most of the other
righteous went with the Powernaut Rapture.  We need our *current* Spine.
  Besides, these others have taken what is *ours*.  This cannot abide."

The one other man at the table spoke.  "Will it be cost-effective to
retrieve it, though?  Bear in mind, our supervision is needed for world
politics.  Even though Joe Corrigan has no successor-apparent for the
U.S. Presidency, our lackey Trump will need considerable support in his
own bid.  And we do yet need to ensure Ellipsis is marginalized.  Though
he and his minions are useful for keeping the world running until Our
Master can claim it, they should not get too much credit for same."

"Brother Russell, thank you for your insightful political analysis as
always, though your own grudges against Ellipsis are noted.  But I am
*confident* we can spare the power while we remain to lead.  Our
conclave has almost *one hundred* junior members to represent the *less*
gloried parts of Satan.  I already have one volunteer to lead the
mission.  We can reinforce him at need.  We shall drown that Earth in
Satan's own flame if need be!"

The sorceress spoke again, "Uh, *I* have the flame.  And one of the
*best* of us got *wasted* by *whatever* was down that hole he got sucked
into.  How is cannon fodder gonna help?"

"Simple, my dear Sister Lucy.  Brother Brady was a trespasser where he
went, and did not know the protocols there.  My Eye has seen those now.
  This time, the Master's minions prevail."

Brother Russell said, "Could you perhaps share the details, Brother Auge?"

"Oh, I suppose...  The first rule is, the powers of that realm name
themselves as in old comic books.  Something Boy, or Something Lass,
along those lines.  Our minions will each name themselves along the
lines of Devil Body Part Kid this time.

"Secondly, Brother Brady aroused the wrath of something called Miracle
Pets by his acts of animal sacrifice to Our Lord.  Our minions will not
so attact their wrath."

The sorceress Lucy said, "Oh, like Miracle Pets *won't* put their wrath
on what they want."

"Sister Lucy, do you have a *constructive* suggestion along those lines?"

"Oh, I can construct...  I know a lot about pets.  There was this one
dog when I was growing up.  It's dead now, of course..."

"Would you care to share *more* with us?"

"I'll share *everything you want* about that damn dog!  I've got its
bones at home!  I dug them up!  It gave me closure before I left town!
I'll bring them here and raise the beast for you right now!"  Lucy
gestured.  A box appeared.

Brother Russell said, "She's going off again..."

"No, Brother, she has a point."  Brother Auge gestured.  "For total
success against all possible obstacles, we should send our *own* Miracle
Pet.  The Eye has revealed, each Miracle Pet is named after a vegetable
and a holiday.  Sister Lucy, have you a suggestion?"

"Richthofen the Stupid Miracle Beagle!"

"You realize, Richthofen is not a vegetable and Stupid is not *yet* a
holiday."

"Okay, how about Stupid the Richthofen's Birthday Beagle?"

Brother Russell asked, "What is it with you about the Barons von
Richthofen?"

"This damned dog always perched on his doghouse like a dogfighter!  Like
that World War One Red Baron!"

Brother Auge spoke.  "Passion is *good* for the naming.  Sister Lucy,
you have the naming privilege.  What vegetable do you choose?"

"Brussels sprouts!  No!  Lima beans!  Those were the stupidest!"

"So be it.  We shall raise this beast *together* as Limabean the
Richthofen's Birthday Miracle Beagle!"

Brother Iain asked, "Uh, does anyone here *know* what the most famous
Richthofen's birthday actually is?"

"Of course.  May 2."

"Thank you for your encyclopedic knowledge, Brother MANIC."  Brother
Auge continued, "So let it be!"

The mages gestured.  The beast arose.

"Excellent.  Summon the Buttocks of Satan."

---

To Be Continued - in LNH/NTB: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #55: Satan
Wants His Spine Back!

---

Author's Notes:

This is now published with a possibility of "collaborating" on the
sequel just by posting it for review on the LNH author group, and
thereby making yet another crappy claim in yet another RACC High Concept
Challenge!  But I do have to admit, I've been preparing this story for a
while.

Why yes, Peanuts comics of the 1950s and 1960s are *in continuity* for
this world!  Or something much like them, anyway.  This explains Lucy
the Pyro, as well as the beast she's raising.  Others have also appeared
in stories:  Linus as the Scrollerkin in 2004
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2004/demonseed.htm), Chas Brown for
the Ministry of Speed in 2010
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/neworbit.htm).  Much of the
credit for this goes to a Peanuts-based play I once saw, "Dog Sees God".
  http://www.eilertech.com/domination/blog/blog16.htm#4oct2008

This story wraps up some unfinished business from the RACC-Con Special
story, "Who Killed the Cat With Glasses?"  As an LNH story it concluded
cleanly - remarkably so by Legion standards.  But the LNH universe now
has something which belongs to my own storyline, SW10 or Superhuman
World 2012 (by the time of the story).  I'd be happy to let the property
rest there, but not all my characters feel that way.

-  The Fall of the Spine of Satan:  RACC-Con Special, Who Killed the Cat
with Glasses?  http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/archive/read/1039/.

-  The Super-Savior Rapture: The Day of the Rapture.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/rapture.txt

-  The Powernaut Rapture:  Powernaut 2011.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011.htm

-  President Trump:  Time Bounce 2014.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/2014.txt

(signed) Scott Eiler, 22 June 2013.

I know. - Archie Andrews

From: Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Date: Fri Jun 28 20:04:56 PDT 2013

Continued from SW10:  Superhuman World 2012 Annual:  Satan Wants His
Spine Back!

---

Brad Pitt got an alarm in his ceremony room in Pittsburgh.  He went
through his mystic portals to investigate.  In his ritual pentacle were
a young-looking man and a zombie dog.

Brad said, "You realize you only land here if you're from a Devil.  And
devil stuff doesn't get out of here."

The intruder replied, "Correctamundo!  I'm *totally* a devil dude.  But
the dog, not so much.  He's got *something* non-devil inside him."  The
zombie dog sniffed past the pentacle.  The pentacle dissolved.  "Now,
let's talk...  So you're really Brad Pitt *and* you're the the guardian
of the gateway?  Cool!"

"Well, thank you for respect.  I greet you also.  But you were not
summoned.  What brings you here?"

"I gotta admit, I was sent.  I'm supposed to bring back a devil spine."
  The dude looked down.  "Dude!  You really keep all your ritual spines
right here?"

"Just this one.  It seemed a special place to cordon off that Devil thing."

"Well, *I* got a special place for it!"  Before Brad Pitt could respond,
the intruder dropped his trousers and stuffed the spine up his
hindquarters!  "So sayeth Devil Ass Boy!"

Brad gaped.  "... Sir.  Whatever the capabilities of your ass.  You
realize you have violated hospitality.  And good taste.  There will be
consequences."

"Oh, I was *waiting* to hear that...  INVICTUS!"  Dozens more people
appeared in the pentacle.

Brad said, "My scriptwriters are away from here.  So insert your own
statement about our resolve being strong."  Outside the pentacle, dozens
more Brad Pitts entered the ritual chamber.  "You have now entered
Pittsburgh.  The power place of Pitts.  *And* this is Pennsylvania.
Don't make me call Sean Penn."

Devil Ass Boy said, "Enough!  PAXIS!"  The intruders sat down.  "Masters
Pitt!  We throw ourselves upon your mercy!"

"What!?  Mercy?  *No.*  You simply *may not* come here.  And your little
dog too."  The zombie dog was standing on two legs and had put on a
jacket and sunglasses.

"Master Pitt, I beg to differ.  By the rules of your world, intruders
are *welcome* provided we resemble a superhero team!  Indeed, *even now*
you're welcoming new teams from beyond!  Am I right?"

Brad Pitt thought of the current Flame War crisis.  "I suppose."

"Thank you.  Then please permit me to introduce these new fighters for
*goodness*, the Devil Legion!"

"Err, barely feasible thus far."  Brad Pitt knew how to speak like mages
and scientists, at least like the ones in the movies.  "But you *did*
say you were *sent*.  You may *not* return to your senders with anything
from here.  Especially not your captured spine, for it is ours now fairly."

"Fine!  Our world sucks anyway!  And $#@! our senders!"

Brad Pitt shrugged.  "Very well.  I welcome you to Net.ropolis."

"Well, all right!"  Devil Ass Boy and his companions spread out.

"No.  This is Pittsburgh.  I said *Net.ropolis*."  The Devil Legion
disappeared!

The Brad Pitts sighed together.  Their leader Brad Pitt said, "They'll
be confined to that city.  Most of the Net.Trenchcoat Brigade is there.
  They and the LNH can deal with them."

Later in Pittsburgh, the Net.news headlines said, "Legion of Net.Heroes
In Conference Over Flame War Threat!  Devil Legion Keeps Net.ropolis Safe!"

Brad Pitt shrugged.  "Yeah, that's how the LNH *usually* deals with
things...  At least they're still confined to Net.ropolis.  I wonder how
long they'll be confined to being fighters for goodness?"

---

Author's Notes:

I have tried to research this story but not overthink it.  If I've
missed something important from the continuity, I apologize.  But oh well.

It is my pleasure to leave the Looniverse with something.  This is not
*strictly* the sort of thing Andrew P. was inviting with his Flame Wars
challenge, but oh well.  The Devil Legion comes from 2012 and the LNH is
currently observing 2013, but I think that fits the concept of Flame
Wars Final.  And I'm betting Net.ropolis thinks the Devil Legion is kewl.

I did research the Church of Satan.  They do have rules, and if they
were vigilantes, they'd be a lot like the Ghost Rider.  Go figure.

Devil Ass Boy and the Devil Legion are Free For Use.  As their creator,
I can help specify which of the Devil's body parts they *don't* have,
and I honestly don't care what happens to them.  If they survive, my
universe SW10 may yet try to send another vengeance squad.  But
realistically, SW10 has shot its wad... unless they get the Wang of
Satan to join in *and* there's some *other* LNH Cosmic Crisis that gives
them an opening.  Heh heh.

I know. - Archie Andrews