ASH: Coherent Super Stories #40 - Until The End Of Tym

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Fri Jan 28 21:32:02 PST 2022

     [The cover is an homage to Michaelangelo's "The Creation of Adam"
      from the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, only both figures are
      Tymythy Twystyd.]

 .|, COHERENT                                            An ASHistory Series
--+-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 '|` SUPER STORIES                        #40 - Until The End Of Tym
        Featuring Tymythy Twystyd         copyright 2022 by Dave Van Domelen

     "It's not working!" the Wanderer shouted, desperately holding onto the
strands of power unleashed by the final ritual of his life.

     "Reality just isn't slamming shut!" Tymythy Twysted yelled back over the
pounding of his own heart.  "It's like it's waiting for...ohhhh, I got it."

     "What?"

     "You know how we never figured out how I got to be magical?  All those
people trying to figure out which drug or drugs were responsible?  I just
figured it out...and reality won't close the *door* until I close that
particular *loop*."

     With that, Tym reached back to 1992.  "Like, fiat flux!"

Author's Notes:

     Here, have a drabble.  They're good for more than magical girls and
necromancers, after all.
     To the extent linear time means anything at all for this scene, it takes
place after Coherent Super-Stories #8 and #23.

     For all the back issues, plus additional background information, art,
and more, go to http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH !

     http://ash.wikidot.com/ is the official ASH Wiki, focusing on the Fourth
Heroic Age, but containing some information about other Ages.