LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #233: Holiday Miracle Pet Week and Devil Legion #1

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Feb 13 14:34:05 PST 2022

On 2022-02-13 13:15, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> November 1917:  On a dark and stormy night, the Flying Ace reports to
> Allied headquarters!
>
> General:  "We have an important mission for you, Flying Ace.  The
> Germans are sending a naval zeppelin to reinforce their East African
> forces.  The airship is flying over Central Powers territory all the way
> to Arabia.  Your only chance to fight them over friendly ground will be
> in Tanganyika itself.  So, prepare to go to Africa!"
>
> Flying Ace:  (salutes, and leaves)
>
> General:  "Truly the Flying Ace has few words and much action."
>
> So the Flying Ace has flown his Sopwith Camel from France to Italy,
> Libia, the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, Kenia, and finally the English bases in
> the conquered part of Tanganyika.  Now, to strike the enemy!
>
> But wait...  a python and a fierce leopard are snarling at him!  What is
> the Flying Ace to do?
>
> The leopard yells,  "Arriba!"  A mariachi band plays in the distance.
>
> ... Huh?

Oh my, I have *entirely* forgotten this story!  Indeed I just now
re-read it, and I am still not sure how it ends!

But at least the Devil Dog and I are part of LNH history now!  8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.