LNH: 20th Anniversary Special, Part #1

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat Apr 30 11:05:37 PDT 2022

In article <23ba1ae0-b4d2-44bc-91df-d4d890baa7a0n at googlegroups.com>,
Arthur Spitzer  <arspitzer2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>DAVE VAN DOMELEN
(snip)

>      And who knows?  I've dipped my toe into the LNH20 revival, I might
>find myself getting more deeply involved at some point.  I've revisited
>the old Dvandom Force characters a few times since #100, albeit in odd
>sideways fashion, I could certainly do it again.

     [Narrator] He did not, in fact, get more involved at some point.

     A big part of that has been that I spent several years changing jobs
(and states) every year or two, with my Writing Itch scratched by repeatedly
developing new curriculum for the new school.  I also found, to my annoyance,
that being unemployed for a year does NOT help with writing productivity.
     Even ASH slowed to a crawl, because lack of collaboration tends to let
things slide to the back burner.  In the last few years I've gotten a little
more writing done, including a few experimental projects (like the Speaker
for the Dead drabbles and The School).

     Dave Van Domelen, amused that some LNH writers have taken the comics
lifestyle far enough to retcon or reboot themselves....