LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #46: "Shine Your Kube"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Oct 29 18:31:00 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-26 21:40, Drew Nilium wrote:
> The connection was cut, and the enormous, monstrous forms began to
> shimmer and fade, pulled irresistibly back to their home worlds. "Not
> only is it home to the LNH, it's also home to several other online
> universes!" But her threat was hollow; and in a moment, all that was
> left of the Monster Legion of the Deep Omnilooniverse was a fading
> echo.
>
> Ultra Killfile glanced over her shoulder. MechaKiwi Wondersock
> seethed in impotent rage, but would not, could not, stand and
> challenge her once more. Good. "I am my own villain. No one else's.
> Remember that."
>
> The giant robots, whose pilots had watched all of this in startled
> amazement, looked at each other, not sure what to do now. She gave
> them a charming little smirk and flipped her hair. "Cure my plague,
> net.heroes. I am done with it." She turned away, walking casually out
> of the park, throwing them a parting wave. "See you next plan."
Heh, that's a *good* plot thing.  We could end this thing in one more
issue if we wanted!

I can at least end one plot thread for now...

Imperilus stood atop the bodies of about fifty Legionnaires of
Net.Heroes, whom he had personally knocked unconscious.  "Ha! ... Is
that you, Mashup Laq, little buddy?"

Mashup Laq stood nearby, alongside one other ally whose name escapes
history right now, looking at Imperilus atop a hill of bodies.  "I
suppose it is."

"Ha.  I won.  Good enough."  Imperilus stepped down.  "Tell me, where do
I go to get a job around here?  I could be your bouncer!"

Then a wave of displacement came through.  The connection to his home
universe had been cut.  He began to shimmer and fade, pulled
irresistibly back to...

"Oh no!  Ain't going back there!  The connection's *cut*, dammit!"

The shimmer around Imperilus flared, then shimmered some more.  He faded
anyway.

"But in a different direction?", mused Mashup Laq.

Writer's Note...  Instant story!

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.